Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tara Time

Well I haven't given this blog a lot of attention. There has just been too much going on such as
trips to Bangkok, China, Hong Kong and New Zealand. But I am now back home and have been coming and going out to Tara.

A little while ago I broughts some pigs, a boar and a sow who had 8 piglets. Because we are not living full time in Tara it became a bit of a problem having the animals. So the piggies all went to market and now we have a freezer full of pork.





It looks like we may have come out of the drought, I certainly hope so. The recent rains have filled the tanks and the dams, so it looks as if we will soon be able to restock the dams with fish. It certainly makes a difference seeing the dams full of water instead of looking at mud holes.
The water level before the rain - the level is quite a bit below the water pipe.

After the rain the level has risen considerably and we have had another lot of rain that has taken the level to just under the pipe. So things are looking up.
We are in the process of doing up the house. My wife feels its a little to 'rustic' for her taste, so I am putting in a new kitchen for a start. This will be followed by a new roof and a large verandah.
So it looks like I am going to be busy in the near future.

No comments: